New Leaf welcomes new members who have ambitions to facilitate change, who have project ideas that would benefit from the structure of an organisation such as ours, or who would simply value the opportunity to work with a team of like-minded colleagues. We are always open to approaches from people and organisations, who share our vision and can bring new skills and energy to achieving our jointly held aspirations. We have a proven track record in delivering positive outcomes which makes us attractive to grant funders, and between us we have a wide set of skills and experience to support new projects. We are also open to approaches from people at the start of their careers who bring enthusiasm and commitment to supporting our core work in return for learning/mentoring from more experienced members of the team. It should also be said that we are looking for people to “push the bus, not just ride on it!” and who will be excited to use New Leaf as a vehicle to make great things happen.
We should also emphasise that we do not ask members to sign contracts: the invitation is to join us and possibly work with us, for as long as it feels good; and then if you want to move on elsewhere, you do so with our blessing – there are no intellectual property restrictions, just the expectation that we will all work in good faith and honour our colleagues, our funders and other stakeholders.
- We encourage our membership to develop their own programmes of action in communication with the group, going on to work in a way that is simultaneously highly connected and radically autonomous
- We place emphasis on trust and co-operation; on individual and mutual growth; meaningfulness and personal purpose
- We restrict the use of the roles of ‘Director’ to statutory necessities and rotate these roles as appropriate
- We understand that part of our role in affecting these changes is to hold unwaveringly, the space open for others to find their potential and make the difference they wish to make.
- Energy and passion is needed to help people to understand and believe in Sustainable Development.
- A small proportion of our core work is shared across the team to be done on a largely voluntary basis
- All surpluses are retained to support our future work, but we have the structure to support ventures which give opportunities for funded positions.
For more information click on the link below: