The Herefordshire Green Network (formerly the 'Herefordshire in Transition Alliance') is made up of local environmental groups, Transition Town groups, activists, environmental organisations & businesses, and local community groups.
Did you know that there are active environmental & Transition Town groups in many of the towns and villages of Herefordshire. If you would like to find a group near to you, please check our map of the county, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Or join our monthly Gatherings! From January 2017 these will be on the third Wednesday of every month at De Koffie Pot in Hereford city centre. HGN Gatherings are open to everyone. For more details see our event listing.
The purpose of the Herefordshire Green Network is to develop partnerships and joint efforts which strengthen the sustainability of all of our communities. We aim to work in a way that is mutually supportive and inspirational, sharing resources, project ideas and opportunities, and developing local initiatives.
We are a lightly constituted, not-for-profit organisation and our aims are:
- To encourage creative responses to the challenges of climate change and resource depletion, in a way that will provide opportunities for making better ways of life, locally and globally.
- To identify and share information about issues arising which provide us with opportunities for positive ways to affect change.
- To provide educational and other resources that will inform and encourage individuals and organisations to improve their resilience to the effects of these issues.
- To promote, encourage and support individuals and organisations undertaking activities that help the local community to progress towards a more sustainable way of life.
- To identify and support individuals and organisations within the local area who will be especially vulnerable to the effects of these issues.
- To work with the Transition Towns Network and other organisations to research and develop alternative solutions to mitigate the effects of these issues.
We recognise that people coming together - to share their concerns, ideas and efforts - is a positive way to affect change.
- Collaborate at a grassroots and strategic levels with a view to furthering our common purpose.
- Share information and provide meeting spaces in support of the activities of member groups acting as a hub for resource sharing.
- Create opportunities for grant making, public presentations and combined events, technical information sharing etc.
- Create a stronger voice by speaking on areas of common interest and concern of member groups.
Herefordshire Green Network, meetings
To read the most recent minutes, please see the attachments below.
Herefordshire Green Network meetings happen roughly once every 8 weeks. If you would be interested in joining the next meeting in order to represent a local group or interest, please contact email@example.com
Forthcoming local events from Transition Town and environment groups around the county are listed here on our event pages.